Samstag, 18. August 2007

everyday life: going to pubs

Yesterday we (Julia and me) went to two pubs. At first we went to the Cellar Bar which had a cool band. Since we were planning to go on to another pub we only ordered one half pint of cider to share after having had one half pint each. Well, two guys we met at the bar told us that we shouldn't have to share one half pint of cider and bought us each a pint of cider. But I really didn't like the guys, especially beacuse one of them really liked me and my silver jewellery and he was not my type at all. So I wanted to get away as soon as possible and drank my pint really fast. But when we wanted to go the guys ordered two more pints for us. However, we went anyway and fled to the next pub, the Roisin's Dubh - a huge pub with a really cool DJ. So, we danced the rest of the night.
Julia with her two ciders.

In the Roisin's Dubh.

I finally managed to decorate my room.
The Irish flag.

The Gaelic flag.

Today I bought a Claddagh ring. Everybody who used to watched "Buffy-the Vampire Slayer" regularly knows what it is because Angel gave Buffy the ring as a symbol for friendship because that is what his Irish ancestors used to do. (The hands stand for friendship, the crown for loyalty, and the heart..., well, guess!)
I'm actually wearing it wrongly on that picture because if the tip of the heart points to your body that means that you are not single anymore.

The rest of the day we spent at the beach and tried to write funny messages into the sand.
Yes, that's a palm tree.

Irish shells.

Keine Kommentare: