Donnerstag, 23. August 2007

Connemara and Aran Islands

On Sunday Julia and I went to Connemara. Mr Degenring (one of my lecturers at Uni Kassel) once said that I'll like the county of Galway if I like lunar landscapes. Well, now I know what he meant! In Connemara we also visited a castle which is called Kylemore Abbey.
Connemara.

Kylemore Abbey.

Victorian walled garden at Kylemore Abbey.

Gothic church at Kylemore Abbey.

Sheep everywhere, even on the streets.

Then on Tuesday we made a trip to another region which includes lots of lunar landscapes, the Aran Islands which are located only a few kilometers west of Galway.




Before you go into a pub in Ireland you do what we Germans call "Vorglühen". That means that you drink the cheaper grocery store alcohol because the alcohol in the pubs is so expensive that you would ruin yourself if you tried to get drunk in a pub. Here you can see a few pictures of one of our "Vorglüh" sessions.


Keine Kommentare: