Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007

a week with my mom and Olaf

Last week my mom and her boyfriend (Olaf) came over to visit me and Ireland. They came on Saturday and we went out to eat and a few Guinness. Then I want to the Cellar Bar to have some more drinks with my housemates Paraic and Martin and his girlfriend. When we got back home, Paraic still wasn't drunk enough, so I got out the German liquor my mom has brought with her. Well, on Sunday I was not feeling too well and decided to spent the day in bed and to not go with my parents! *lol*
On Monday we went to Connemara and Clifden. On Tuesday we went to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. On Wednesday we went to Limerick (also known as "stab city"), Bunratty and Enis (the capital of County Clare). On Thursday I had to go to university to hold a presentation and in the evening we had fish and chips. On Friday we met a trip to the coast of Galway Bay which looked a bit like the end of the world. And on Saturday we spent the day in Dublin which is a very cool city.
Finally, real food!!!

The car we had rented. The steering wheel is on the wrong side!

Sheep on the street: the Irish stereotype!





Cliffs of Moher. And this time the weather was fucking great!


That's me in front of my house.

Olaf cooked for my housemates and me. It's called Gulasch or I call it German stew because it's like Irish stew, but with pork. My mom actually made the guys sit down with us. I think they don't even do that with their own families! *lol*

Limerick. Not beautiful at all. But it's good for shopping though.
The Rugby world championship is just over. Ireland did pretty badly although they are supposed to be third in the world.

Fish and Chips.

More palm trees.

Bunratty Castle.

Looks a bit like Trafalgar Square. It's Enis.

Galway Bay.

Dublin.

Trinity College.

Temple Bar, the party district!


For the tourists.


Hard Rock Cafe in Dublin.

Keine Kommentare: