Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2007

I'm bored!

Right now I'm waiting for my Spanish translation class to start and since I have nothing to do, I thought I should introduce you to a bit of English slang in Ireland and Irish culture.

- my all-time favorite: "for fuck's sake" (frequently used by Paraic and Martin, especially while playing soccer on Playstation 2)
- very important: "I'm pissed!" (that means "I'm drunk!")
- "taking the piss" ("mocking each other")
- "that's grand" ("that's great")

In general, if you want to fit in over here in Ireland, use "fuck" at least once in every sentence, be drunk from Friday afternoon to Sunday night, never stay home on a Friday or Saturday evening (everybody expects you to spend those nights in pubs or clubs), and have no idea what you are going to do in your future! Hey, I fit in perfectly! *lol*
Well, I actually don't fit in perfectly because when I go out, in contrast to all the Irish girls, I don't wear a mini-skirt, high heels and a top where my boops are falling out. But that's going to change: my mom will bring me my mini-skirt when she comes over here! *lol* I just don't know how I'll survive the cold nights in Ireland with only a mini-skirt, but I guess if the Irish girls don't die, I won't die.

Keine Kommentare: